Safeguard your business assets
Synology RS3621RPxs is a powerful 12-bay storage server. Its 6-core processor enables compute-intensive services while its redundant power, ECC memory, and Btrfs file system safeguard mission-critical data. Capable of delivering 189,098 4K random read IOPS and 4,718 MB/s sequential read throughput1, it is ideal for small businesses.
Intel® Xeon® D-1531 6-core 2.2 GHz
4,718 MB/s seq. read 189,098 4K random read IOPS
Dual PCIe slots for 10GbE or NVMe cache
Up to 36 drive bays with RX1217(RP)
Service continuity is at the core of the RS3621RPxs design.
Dual PSUs provide protection against a PSU failure or accidental cord removal while hot-swappable fans can be replaced without powering down the system.
Synology High Availability (SHA) pairs two identical units together creating an active-passive cluster with minute-level failover. Learn more
Next-generation file system
Btrfs prevents data corruption and reduces maintenance overheads with advanced storage technologies and optimized snapshots. Learn more
Intel Xeon D-1531
6-core 2.2 (base) / 2.7 (turbo) GHz
Hardware Encryption Engine (AES-NI)
8 GB DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Memory Module Pre-installed
8 GB (8 GB x 1)
Total Memory Slots
Maximum Memory Capacity
64 GB (16 GB x 4)
– Please select Synology memory modules for optimum compatibility and reliability. Synology will not provide complete product warranty or technical support if non-Synology memory modules are used for memory expansion.
– For more information on the recommended memory configurations, visit here.
– Synology reserves the right to replace memory modules with the same or higher frequency based on suppliers product life cycle status. Rest assured that the compatibility and stability have been strictly verified with the same benchmark to ensure identical performance.
Maximum Drive Bays with Expansion Unit
36 (RX1217/RX1217RP x 2)
Compatible Drive Type
3.5″ SATA HDD
2.5″ SATA SSD
Maximum Single Volume Size
200 TB (32 GB RAM required, for RAID 5 or RAID 6 groups only)
Hot Swappable Drive
– Storage Pool and volume creation require all drives to be listed as compatible on the device models compatibility list.
– “Compatible drive type” indicates drives that have been tested to be compatible with Synology products. This term does not indicate the maximum connection speed of each drive bay.
– Each internal volume (may consist of multiple drives) is expandable up to 108 TB (with memory less than 32 GB) or 200 TB (with memory equal to or greater than 32 GB).
RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port
4 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support)
USB 3.2 Gen 1 Port
The USB 3.0 standard was renamed to USB 3.2 Gen 1 by the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) in 2019.
2 x Gen3 x8 slots (x8 link)
exFAT Access is purchased separately in Package Center.
Form Factor (RU)
Rack Installation Support
4-post 19″ rack (Synology Rail Kit – RKS1317)
The rail kit is sold separately
80 mm x 80 mm x 4 pcs