Compact and reliable
The RS1221+/RS1221RP+, at only 30 to 38 centimeters deep, is built for space-sensitive deployments. Boasting over 100K 4K random read IOPS and 2,315 MB/s sequential read1, the RS1221+/RS1221RP+ is equipped to handle heavy workloads in data-intensive environments. The RS1221RP+ additionally features an extra level of protection with redundant power supplies.
AMD Ryzen™ V1500B quad-core 2.2 GHz
2,300 MB/s seq. read 100K 4K random read IOPS1
4 GB ECC DDR4 Up to 32 GB
30cm depth (38cm for RP model)
A compact design for space efficiency
The RS1221+ and its RX418 expansion units are designed to help you save space in compact deployments. At only 30 centimeters, half the length of a typical 2U unit, it fits perfectly snug onto 2-post or shallow rackmount enclosures. The RS1221RP+ with dual power supplies comes in at 38 cm, also fitting most shallow depth enclosures.2
• Fits into shallow rackmount enclosures
• Easy-to-install on 2-post racks
AMD Ryzen V1500B
4-core 2.2 GHz
Hardware Encryption Engine (AES-NI)
4 GB DDR4 ECC SODIMM
Memory Module Pre-installed
4 GB (4 GB x 1)
Total Memory Slots
Maximum Memory Capacity
32 GB (16 GB x 2)
– Please select Synology memory modules for optimum compatibility and reliability. Synology will not provide complete product warranty or technical support if non-Synology memory modules are used for memory expansion.
– Synology reserves the right to replace memory modules with the same or higher frequency based on suppliers product life cycle status. Rest assured that the compatibility and stability have been strictly verified with the same benchmark to ensure identical performance.
Maximum Drive Bays with Expansion Unit
12 (RX418 x 1)
Compatible Drive Type
3.5″ SATA HDD
2.5″ SATA HDD
2.5″ SATA SSD
Maximum Single Volume Size
Hot Swappable Drive
– “Compatible drive type” indicates drives that have been tested to be compatible with Synology products. This term does not indicate the maximum connection speed of each drive bay.
– Each internal volume (may consist of multiple drives) is expandable up to 108TB.
RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port
4 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support)
USB 3.2 Gen 1 Port
The USB 3.0 standard was renamed to USB 3.2 Gen 1 by the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) in 2019.
1 x Gen3 x8 slot (x4 link)
exFAT Access is purchased separately in Package Center.
Form Factor (RU)
Rack Installation Support
2-post 19″ rack (direct mounting)
4-post 19″ rack (Synology Rail Kit – RKM114/RKS1317)
The rail kit is sold separately
80 mm x 80 mm x 2 pcs
There are no reviews yet.