• 1000 Gs non-operating shock and 400 Gs of operating shock.
• 128MB buffer.
• 5400-RPM spindle speed.
• Full-track multiple-sector transfer capability without local processor intervention.
• High instantaneous (burst) data-transfer rates (up to 6Gb/s).
• MTC TechnologyTM, proprietary data flow management
• Native Command Queuing (NCQ) with command ordering.
• Perpendicular recording technology.
• Quiet operation. Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) motor.
• SeaToolsTM diagnostic software performs a drive self-test that eliminates unnecessary drive returns.
• State-of-the-art cache and on-the-fly error-correction algorithms.
• Support for Read Multiple and Write Multiple commands.
• Support for S.M.A.R.T. drive monitoring and reporting.
• Worldwide Name (WWN) capability uniquely identifies the drive.
Bytes per sector
512 (logical) / 4096 (physical)
580 Ktracks/in avg
1320 Gb/in2 avg
Maximum sustained data rate, OD read
ATA data-transfer modes supported
PIO modes 0-4
Multiword DMA modes 0-2
Ultra DMA modes 0-6
Startup current, Max (+5V)
Voltage tolerance (including noise)
5V +/- 5%
Non-Operating (Ambient oC)
-40o to 70o
Operating ambient temperature (min oC)
Operating temperature (drive case max oC)
20oC per hour max (operating)
35oC per hour max (non-operating)