The edge 802.11ac built-in high performance
Access Point with MU-MIMO technology for high-density use on multiple applications. EnGenius Wireless Management Access Point solution is designed for deploying on the versatile indoor application. To meet today’s requirement on varied net-working environment, EnGenius would like to provide the solution as flexible, robust and effective as the organization they desire.
The state-of-the-art 802.11ac and MU-MIMO technology brings revolutionary connecting speed and bandwidth for diversity of multimedia applications. EWS550AP equips with two powerful RF interfaces that support up to 867 Mbps in 5GHz frequency band and 400 Mbps in 2.4GHz frequency band (with 4ss/VHT40 clients).
• Built-in Turbo Engine solution with a Quadcore powerful chipset solution to process multiple tasks for driving and enhancing performance effectively.
• Dual radio 2×2 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n Access Point with multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO)
• Easy-to-deploy, lowers install costs for hotel, guest rooms, dorms & classrooms
• Sleek, low profile design mounts onto a standard J-box
• High powered amplifiers to improve the wireless coverage and uses a special radio frequency pattern to increase its receiver sensitivity for improved performance.
• Support 802.11ac Wave 2.0 technology to enhance overall bandwidth and speed to wireless client devices.
• 360° omni-directional antennas to achieve comprehensive coverage for networking client devices under a pervasive environment.
• Compliance with 802.3af 48V PoE Input for flexible installation over 100 meters (328 feet)
• Systemic and distributed management over EnGenius ezMaster and EWS Management switch without licensing or subscription fee.
Wireless Radio Specification
Access Point Type:
– Indoor, dual radios concurrent, 5GHz 802.11 ac 2×2 MIMO is back-wards compatible with 802.11 a/n mode, 2.4GHz 802.11 n 2×2 MIMO is backwards compatible with 802.11 b/g.
– Two(1) spatial stream SU-MIMO for up to 1,267 Mbps wireless data rate to a single wireless client device.
– Two(1) spatial stream MU-MIMO for up to 867 Mbps wireless data rate to transmit to two(2) MU-MIMO capable wireless client devices simultane-ously.
– 2.4GHz: 2400MHz to 2835MHz,
– 5GHz: 5150MHz to 5250MHz, 5250MHz to 5350MHz, 5470 to 5725MHz, 5725MHz to 5850MHz
(Support radios and channels will be varied on the configured regulatory domain.)
Supported Radio Technology:
– 802.11b: Direct-sequence spread-spectrum (DSSS)
– 802.11ac/a/g/n: Orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (OFDM)
– 802.11n/ac: 2×2 MIMO with 4 streams
– 802.11ac supports very high throughput (VHT) VHT 20/40/80 MHz
– 802.11n supports high throughput (HT) HT 20/40 MHz
– 802.11n supports very high throughput under the 2.4GHz radio VHT40 MHz (256-QAM)
– 802.11n/ac packet aggregation: A-MPDU, A-SPDU
Supported Modulation Type:
– 802.11b: BPSK, QPSK, CCK
– 802.11a/g/n: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM
– 802.11ac: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM
Transmit Power (Maximum Value):
– 2.4GHz: 21dBm
– 5GHz: 20dBm
– (Maximum power is limited by regulatory domain)
Tx Beamforming (TxBF): Increasing signal reliability and transmitting distance.
Supported data rates (Mbps):
– 802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11
– 802.11a/g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 36, 48, 54
– 802.11n: 6.5 to 300 (MCS0 to MCS15)
– 802.11ac: 6.5 to 867 (MCS0 to MCS9, NSS1 to 2)
Maximum Power Consumption: 10W
– Power Source: Power Over Ethernet: Supports 802.3af output when PoE input is 802.3at
– 2.4GHz: 4 .0 dBi
– 5GHz: 6.0 dBi
– Uplink (Back plate) : 1x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet port
– Client Ports : 3 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet ports
– Port 1 is PSE Provides 802.3af PoE/ Requires 802.3at power source
– 1 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Pass-through port (connectivity provided by backend switch)
– 1 x 110 punch down block
– 2 x RJ45 pass through ports
– Display system and wireless transmission status
– Convert Access Point to the Factory default or the Users Default
Wall Mounting: Assemble a mounting bracket for J-box
Mechanical and Environment
– Temperature: 0oC to 40oC (32oF to 104oF)
– Humidity: 0% to 90% typical
– Temperature: -30oC to 70oC (-22oF to 158oF)
– Humidity: 0% to 90% typical
– Subpart15 B
– Subpart C 15.247
– Subpart E 15.407
– EN 301 893
– EN 300 328
– EN 301 489 1 17
– EN 50385
– EN 55022 (CISPR 22)
– EN 60601-1-2
R and TTE Directive 1995/5/EC
Low Voltage Directive 72/23/EEC
AP , WDS: Two configuration options broaden the devices adaptability to your net-work needs.
Exquisite RF Management
Background Scanning: Regular scanning signal level of an environment to provide parameters for performing Auto Transmit power and auto channel.
Auto Transmit Power: Automatically adjust power level when EWS access points work at an environment.
Auto Channel: Automatically assign a clearly channel to perform RF transmission under a pervasive environment.
Fast Roaming (802.11k): Collect the parameters of neighborhood Access Points to find the optimal AP.
Band Steering: Steer client devices to a proper frequency band for getting more band-width and speed under an Access Point.
RSSI Threshold: Kick the client which the signal (RSSI) is above the set value from the AP for reducing the interference and optimize the connecting quality.
Quality of Service:
– Compliance with IEEE 802.11e standard
– Prioritizes voice over data for both tagged and untagged traffic
– Transmit video, voice and data at the same SSID
Power Save Mode: Support U-APSD
Pre-Authentication: Compliance with 802.11i and 11x
– Compliance with 802.11i
– If wireless client devices has authenticated to an access point, it does not perform a full authentication exchange when client devices roaming be-tween access points.
Fast Roaming (802.11r): Use a Fast Transition key to handover between Access Points
Multicast to Unicast Conversion: Using the IGMP protocol, an access Point delivers high definition content to a large number of clients simultaneously.
Easy to Management
– BSSID support
– Support 8 SSIDs on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands
Captive Portal: Differentiate the authority of users on using Internet access
Guest Network: Isolate each client for avoiding an unnecessary touch, leaking sensitive data, and enhancing Internet security and reliability.
VLAN Tag: Independent VLAN setting can be enable or disable. Any packet that enters the Device without a VLAN tag will have a VLAN tag inserted with a PVID (Ethernet Port VID)
VLAN Per SSID: Integrate VLAN ID with a SSID interface to forward packets over the de-fined path.
Management VLAN: Feature is enabled with specified VLAN ID, the device will only allow man-agement access with the same specified VLAN ID from remotely location by using protocols such as telnet, SSH, snmp, syslog etc.
Traffic Shaping: Controls the bottle of bandwidth to offer the limited bandwidth for an individual SSID or each client per Access Point.
MAC Address Filtering: Filter up to 64 sets MAC addresses per SSID
E-Mail Alert: Provides a network monitoring tool for administrators to stay informed the configuration change.
Finger Printing: The value added solution collect information of client devices including name of devices, IP address, MAC address, Operating system version, transmitting and receiving data, and signal level.
Save Configuration as Users Default: Save the customized configuration as default value for different customer demands.
– Perform a regular reboot on access point at assigned schedule
– Perform it to enable or disable 2.4GHz or 5GHz interface from a period time.
SNMP and MIB:
– v1/v2c/v3 support
– MIB I/II, Private MIB
– CLI supported
RADIUS Accounting: Help operators to offload 3G to Wi-Fi seamlessly
Wireless Clients list: Provide the list to display real status of wireless client devices on this Ac-cess Point.
Wireless Encryption Standard:
– WEP Enctyption 64/128/152 bit
– WPA/WPA2 Enterprise (WPA-EAP using TKIP or AES)
Hide SSID in beacons
Rogue AP Detection: Enable the function to detect the fake access points in the environment.
L2 Isolation: Block the communication between the associated clients to communi-cate with other clients from all hosts on the same subnet.
Client Isolation: Block/Isolate the communication between the associated clients under the same WLAN.
HTTPS: A secure communication protocol can be enabled to allow secure man-agement web access over a computer network.
SSH Tunnel: A secure communication protocol can be enabled to allow secure remote shell access or command execution.
Item Dimension (L inchxW inchxH inch)
10 x 7 x 3